TWELVE YEARS?!?

IMG_0942.JPG


Usually this time of year I am futzing about Halloween and getting ready to scare the bejeezus out of snot nosed panhandlers looking for some candy. I seriously love setting up my haunt and try to add something new every year. No exception for this year as well. The one thing I have not mentioned is that I was also married on Halloween. No shit. Really was.



Now before you start saying, "Well, that's no surprise here. He was always a dark creepy child into morbid things". True, I did receive gifts on Christmas when I was in the 4th grade that were things like skulls and Rick baker make prosthetic make up kits, but I did not intentionally set out to get married on Halloween. It was a bit of fate but in no way did I look to do it.



I am in no way a romantic guy. Never was. The proposal was not even one at all. Viki and I knew that we were going to get married but never said much about it except "Hey, when do you want to do this? Got any ideas when we should get married?" "Uh…not sure." One day, I just said "How about an anniversary date like in April when we started dating or half anniversary in October?" We both agreed that a fall wedding date would be cool. I then just blurted out, "How about the last Saturday of October next year?" Agreed. No idea it would be Halloween until we physically checked out the calendar at a later date. Surprise!



Now for the wedding, we would have been happy to go to the Justice Of The Peace and got hitched right there in an office. No ceremony. However, our moms would have killed us…especially mine I think and I am SUCH A MAMMA'S BOY and I could not disappoint her. We quickly decided that in NO WAY that it would be in a church and that it would not be themed. We were not targeting Halloween and that was that. We both had traditional wedding clothes. I in a tux & tails and she in a proper wedding gown. No ghosts, ghouls or goblins…well maybe some of the guest her mother invited were creepy and old looking. The only thing we allowed were some bags of Halloween themed confetti instead of using rice. The wedding was held at her mom's house and we kept it small with just our closest friends and family.



The next part is for Viki…if you, the reader, do not want to deal with the sappy sentiments about to come up, it is time to leave now.



Now here we are twelve years later. First…HOLY SHIT! TWELVE YEARS?!? Second, wow! What an amazingly fast but great twelve years this has been. We have the two best kids in the world (to hell with all those other kids…ours RULE.) Now let's hope the years slow down just a bit for the rest of lives so we can just relish what we have. I know I don't say it enough and I tend to be somewhat stoic about it but I love you…always have and always will. Happy anniversary Viki.



BlogWedding.jpg

Comments

Popular Posts