Halloween Excitement


Me & the better halfThe air has a crisp bite in it and the smell of rotting leaves is permeating the atmosphere and my thoughts (obsessivley) turns to the dark themes surrounded around Halloween. I have posted on this before and I will again. I truly wish Halloween can be every month. I am starting to pull out my horror movies to watch again and again, especially the classic and gothic stuff. None of that slasher BS. I like some slasher flcks but but when it comes to Halloween, I truly dig on the more of the gothic and darker stuff.







IMG_6418.JPGIMG_9533.JPGIMG_9547.JPG
I am sitting here on my couch right now typing this into my new blogging tool on my laptop while watching Coppola's version of DRACULA with the commentary on. While doing that, I am thinking of ways to better my "Haunt" for this Halloween without spending any money (damn you lousy economy). Regardless of the money situation, I do have a few ideas that I will be put into place this year and on this coming Monday, I will be pulling out the decor and . I need to check the status of my goodies and make sure everything is in good shape so I can prep the yard. Within the next week or so, I will start putting things up. There are a few items that I do need to update this year that is desperately needed. First , I need to replace the motor that I am using on my flying crank ghost so it can run smoother and properly. The FCG is one hell of an effect. The other thing I want to replace are the flood lights that I use to stage the yard to look as creepy as possible. The current lights I have are indoor lights only. I want to pick up some cheap indoor/outdoor flood lights that I can leave up for days instead of setting them up the day of Halloween. Those will be the only updates I foresee this year. Next year I am lookings to add a Pepper's Ghost to the mix. A classic gag that Disney uses at the Haunted Mansion to make it look like ghosts are flying around or appearing out of thin air. It is literally done with mirrors. I also want to add some minor details like a fake gothic wrought iron fence and lanterns (with fire) to add more realism to the graveyard Lastly, I want to build a motorized ghost to fly around the property as well.

Comments

Popular Posts