Briefly Felt Old

In one of those fleeting moments I rarely actually have, I felt old. I am 44 years old...some will say that is old, others will say that is young. I just say I am 14 with 30 years of finding dick and farts jokes the epitome of high culture. However, I digress ad usual...

A little over a year ago, we picked up THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: SKYWARD SWORD. I started playing it and adjusting to the new Wii interface changes based from the last game. Was digging it and but waiting for the meat of the game to start to kick in.  Fairly bland...then the first major boss battle hit. What followed next was a torrent of profanities spewing from my gob and controller throwing rage.  BTW, if you have a Wii and use it properly, you know that is impossible to do. After 2 days of trying with each sitting only lasting about 15 of trying I said "fuck it" and put the game away for over a year.  Seriously... Fuck that game and fuck that boss.

Fast forward to this current week. I am at home taking a staycation and I loom at the rack of games and try yo figure out what I want to play and I see it there...Skyward Sword...mocking me.  That fucking bitch. OK, I put on my big boy gamer pants and grab that case and fire up the game on the Wii-U. After getting reacquainted with the controls, I dive in and go after the boss. Took me six tries and nailed that bitch to the wall.  FUCK YEAH! I was the master of my own domain. I felt like the master gamer that I like to think of myself.

Tonight, after seeing me rock this game this week, she decided to get back onto the game herself.  She stopped much sooner than I did in the game. She gets to the boss and was very worried about it and was a bit scared to go in after him. She tooled around for an hour then went in. She fucking beat the shit out of him in the first go...no deaths, no potions, no trouble. WHAT?!? One try and beat him like it was nothing. Fuck me.

It was at the moment I realized I was old. My 12 year daughter is turning out to be a better gamer than her old man. Something that most girls tend to not be. But you know what, I am damn proud of her. I now have to tap into my inner 12 year self and get back to basics.

With that being said, I need to show her what I find funny...I am gonna tell to her to pull my finger.

Comments

Popular Posts