15 (Very Short) Years



It is now officially sometime after midnight (voice over “In your time zone”) and the date is now October 31st 2013.  For the most of the world, today is Halloween and by far my most favorite time of the year.  It is a dark holiday (as we all SHOULD know) celebrating death, monsters, evil spirits and just about anything relating to the macabre.  I have obsessed with Halloween for all my life and still do to this day.  My parents fed my obsession for Halloween as a child.  I received model skulls for Christmas (from multiple family members) due to loving creepy shit. I go ape shit every year to build a haunt in my yard.  I start planning for the haunt for next Halloween the second I strike the props after trick or treating is done.  However, this blog post is NOT about Halloween and my obsession with it.




15 years ago this day, I put aside my obsession with all things creepy and dark did something actually joyous and extremely NOT dark and macabre.  I married my best friend, Viki.  Since then, she has been my partner (“in crime” some say), confidant and whatever cliché BS you can throw at it.  In these 15 years, we have gained two cats (and sadly lost one of them), lived in 4 different cities (Colonial Heights (blech), Rockville, Vegas and now Denver), gone through trials and tribulations (bankruptcy is a mother fucker) and had two AWESOME kids (better than yours nah nah).  During the thick and thin, ups and downs and what have you, I have been as happy and content with my life as anybody could be and have the best person to spend my life with.  I can prove that too…Viki and I have never…and I mean NEVER... have had a fight.  We love and respect each other that much not to torture ourselves with that crap and have our kids witness that shit. Oh we can disagree on things and I know I frustrate the hell out of her from time to time…but no fights.  Have we found the secret to the perfect relationship?  I am not sure, but I know it is working for us.  I mean FUCK…15 fucking years!?!  It feels like it was just the other day.



What will the next 15, 30, 45 years hold for us?  I do not know and I cannot tell the future.  I am not one for grand romantic gestures or ANYTHING romantic in general but I can say this, I will continue loving Viki for as long as she continues wanting to stay by my side and putting up with my shit.  With that, I can extrapolate that we will probably live a very happy life together until we need to be cremated.  I just hope it will be a VERY long time from now because I want to enjoy her company until death do us part.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts