Offended by Triggers

Over the last year or so I have been either more aware of it or it has been on the rise…not quite sure and I cannot quite put my finger on when it started with its current intensity.  I know this overall trend started in the early 90’s with the political correctness movement but it seems to be hitting a fever pitch lately.  I am speaking trigger warnings and being offended.

WARNING
With that, I am going to pause right here and set a warning now.  This post will probably be filled with “triggers” and some offensive material.  I will probably use what some may call vulgar language, misogynistic phrases, racist material, blasphemous thoughts and just down right naughty talk. If you find any of this beyond your ability of being able to mentally handle it, why don’t you just go ahead and fuck off?  Seriously, you need to fucking spur up and get over that shit.  I will cover more of that shortly but another pause is in order but for another disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER
I was raised in such a way to think for myself.  My mother gave me the skills to look at things and step back then question why, question authority…question EVERYTHING and not take it at face value when an answer is spoon fed back to you.  I was to figure things out and use my head as much as possible and try to separate fact from “truth” because neither of them are exclusive to one another.  An example of this would be…a room is 73 degrees F = fact.  A person that is a fat fuck will think it is hotter than hell but somebody else with poor circulation may think it is chilly = truth to each person.  With this form of free thought being dropped into me, I pretty much see people as humans and not a collection of males and females or various racial groups.  Life is too damn short to be worrying about some spic cunt, wop prick, sand nigger whore or that chink tranny.  I will leave that to those that watch Faux News or have no intelligence…shit, I think they are one in the same.  In short, I may use phrases that are generally can be demeaning to either sex, to race, to preference or whatever YOU decide to read into it.  Just know that I do not care what sexy fun bits you have or don’t have or plan to alter and I really don’t give a shit what color your skin is or what part of the world you born in.  I treat everybody the same depending on how you treat me and others.

We all sufficiently warned and know that I really don’t give two fucks to who and what you are?  Good…moving on.

What the fuck is wrong with you sissy ass pussies?  “You called that person a ‘cunt’.”  “You made a tranny joke about Jenner.” “AHHHH!!!  That thing is a trigger.  That word is a trigger.  I am offended by this.  I am offended by that.”  Shut the fuck up.  You know what?  Who fucking cares? Because YOU got offended by something does not give you any rights to shut somebody down, censor them or deny them any rights.  I saw plenty of you fucktards get your undies in a knot because Louis CK said that child molesters must REALLY like molesting children so much that they would risk their own freedom to molest a child.  The way he pointed it out was comedy genius.  “OMG, pedophiles are a trigger!!! I am so never watching SNL or Louis CK ever again.  They made light of pedophilia.” I heard this so much and it made me watch choke slam every one you dumbasses who did not get it because not ONE of you assholes heard what he said.  The point Louis made is that these child predators are sick and are willing to do anything at the risk of losing their freedom or even their lives so they can touch a child.  However, you in the PC crowd, heard him say something about pedophiles to get a laugh.  Pedophilia = incredibly NOT funny.  Pointing out how sick those perverts are in an absurd way = hilarious.

The whole being offended MEANS nothing especially if the so called offence is in the form of a joke.  When comedy is done right, it is to make people think. Comedy should never be safe and should be controversial.  It is to point out and draw contrasts of right and wrong or just plain fucked up.  Because somebody made a joke about rape, pedophilia, incest or any generally nasty subject matter, it does not mean that they approve of said subject matter or go out doing it.  It is in all on how it is presented.  If I make a joke about rape, my target should be the rapist.  If Louis CK makes a joke about pedophilia, his target should NOT be the child and that is how it was presented.  Laughing at the horrors in this world can help soften the blow on how much life truly does suck and does nothing to promote the culture of these atrocities that DO exist. 



Lastly, yes…rape culture exists.  Pedophilia exists.  Misogyny exists.  Racism exists.  These are nasty things and the role that many comedians out there are trying to do is to get us to talk about them without having an anxiety attack.  However, there are some bad apples out there that don't get how that works.  Instead of acting all indignant and saying that you are offended or have a panic attack…try this:  Ignore the ones that don't get it and listen to the ones that do.  Don’t give the bad guys the time of day.  They are the bully that loses interest when no one gives them the attention they desire.

So suck it up buttercup and stop walking around with your own head firmly placed up your ass and relax a little.  Have a laugh.  Life is too short for being offended by words and ideas.  Instead, try to do something that makes life easier when those horrors are about instead of yelling at the messenger.


Comments

Popular Posts