New Chapter & Some Mild Anxiety

So...After 24 years, I have parted ways with Regal as a GM and not really by choice either.  The Reader's Digest version...a year ago, Regal was bought by a UK exhibitor (CineWorld) and they brought a brand new culture to the company.  I and a very large number of people from the GM level on up to the upper executives have been leaving the company in a form of a mass exodus.  Some by choice and some not.  If you were to ask me, the people that left and ask them on why, you will get a multitude of different reasons from each of us.  However, those reasons really do not matter from any of us and I am not going to go into the details.  The long and short of it is that they do not want me and those others around anymore and I am not going to try and fight it.

Now here we are after a nearly 4 weeks and I am feverishly trying to chase down a lead with another company I feel I will be a better fit to work with.  I am trying strike a balance where I am not being a total pain in the ass where they are soured by my presence but let them know that I am the one they want.  However, I am confident that I should be able to get this spot.

I am also setting up what I have been calling my "side hustle" as a freelance photography with a focus in concert shooting.  Since I was a wee young'un, I have always had a camera of some sort and have always loved taking pictures.  About 15 years ago, I got my first DSLR and started learning how to properly use the thing. I have since then upgraded the equipment and added gadgets to use it and have upped my skills and understanding.  Nearly 5 years ago, I started shooting concerts for some predominant rock and industrial bands. Lords of Acid, Chuck Mosely, Chant, KMFDM, <PIG>, Genitorturers, CombiChrist, and a few others.  I am getting to the point I am somewhat decent and could make some cash doing it.  The only thing that is holding me back is needing a better lens or two and a better camera body.  I can make do with the body but the lens is crucial to get better images.





I have come up with a name for my little venture, CeeDy Photography, based on on my initials but as a double entendre to sound like "seedy photography".  I have come up with a logo that I am still refining.  I think I have a final idea that I will unveil soon.  I have also setup a Facebook page, an Instagram account, a Twitter account and Hootsuite.  I am in the hunt for an image hosting site that is free. I just need to research what pricing is considered competitive and appropriate for this upstart.  This has been keeping me busy for the time being.

Despite zeroing in on this new job and getting my side venture underway, I have had the most time off I have ever had since I started working in 1986.  4 weeks.  I have never had 4 weeks off in a row.  Whenever I took a vacation week off, I would get antsy before the week was up.  Here at 4 weeks and I am starting to go stir crazy.  There are things I want to do around the house but it all involves using money and I do not want to spend any money until I get a steady income coming back in the house.  It is stressing me out.

This is where I ask you, the reader for some help.  If you have any contacts at Alamo Drafthouse that can help speed the hiring process up, it would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you in the music industry that are looking for a cheap photographer here in the Denver area, I am your man.  I can be paid under the table but if you need to be on the up and up, I can fill out a W9 too.

I will keep everybody posted on what plays out and below will be my social links for the photography.





Facebook     https://www.facebook.com/CeeDyPhotography
Instagram     https://www.instagram.com/ceedyphotography
Twitter      https://twitter.com/CeeDyPhotos

Comments

Popular Posts